Sell a Home
Tips for Getting a Property Ready
The best advice is to create a model home feel so buyers can picture themselves living in the property.
- Create curb appeal - maintain lawn and shrubs, create an inviting entryway with a fresh coat of paint on the front door, add a wreath or flower pots, make sure driveway, sidewalks, steps are cleared, safe and accessible. If buyers don't find the outside of the property attractive, they may not want to go inside.
- Clean - make sure dishes are washed, carpet vacuumed, bathrooms cleaned, eliminate pet or smoking odors, and more.
- Declutter - clean off kitchen counters, arrange furniture to create a comfortable and safe flow throughout the house, put toys away, and make the house feel more spacious by storing unnecessary items.
- Depersonalize - put away family photos, paint with neutral colors, decorate sparingly and tastefully, or hire a professional home stager to help you.
- Repair or replace broken items - faucets, screens, windows, lights, etc.